Monday, January 17, 2011

Yada Yada Yada?

Megan likes to ask a lot of questions at bedtime.

The problem with that is: I don't like to answer a lot of questions at bedtime.

Last night one of my answers to her ended in "Yada, yada, yada."

Megan: What?

Me: Yada, yada, yada.

Megan: Yida, yida, yida? What does THAT mean?

Me: Not yida, yida, yida ... yAda, yAda, yAda.

Megan: Okay, yada, yada, yada. So what does it mean?

Me: It's like saying 'blah, blah, blah'.

Megan: Well why didn't you just say 'blah, blah, blah'?

Me: Believe me, I wish I had.




2 comments:

  1. My favorite response to a lot of questions is "Well, what do you think?" Most of the time it stops them in their tracks...or at the very least you get to take a peek into what they are thinking...lots of fun (sometimes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She and Colson should have bedtime conversations. Then you and I would both be off the hook.

    ReplyDelete