Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Talkin' Smack

I mentioned Megan's new tick in my last post.

It's quite bizarre. She'll say 3 or 4 words, and then smack her lips (you know, like you do after putting on chapstick. No, I don't do it, but I've seen it done on commercials so someone out there must be doin' it.)

You can be anywhere in the house, and about every few seconds you hear a SMACK! It truly is the strangest thing. I have no idea what brought this on. Although she does have chapped lips ...


Me: Megan, I hope you don't do that in class.

Megan: No, I don't (SMACK!)

Me: Good. Do you do it in front of your friends?

Megan: No, not really (SMACK!)

Me: Soooo it's just something you save for your family?

Megan: Mmm hmm (SMACK!)


I called her "Smacker" tonight at bedtime, but that did not go over well. I asked her why she was doing it, and she just said, "It's a habit." Right.


So I guess she picked up on the fact that I wasn't diggin' her "habit" all that much, because her prayer tonight went something like this ...


Dear Jesus (SMACK!)

Thank you for this day (SMACK!)

Thank you that we could be safe (SMACK!)

Please help me to (SMACK!) stop doing this (SMACK! SMACK! SMACK!)

... in Jesus' Name (SMACK!) Amen.


Megan: Mom (SMACK!) can you get me some (SMACK!) water? (SMACK!)


So much for that prayer. I may have to resort to telling her the truth ... that if she keeps doing this, her lips are gonna' fall off.





No comments:

Post a Comment