Thursday, February 17, 2011

Only the Best for our Guests

Can we talk guest towels? And really, they're not guest towels most of the time, they're family towels. And when I say "family", I really mean "kid's" towels.

I know I'm not going to get a whole lot of sympathy on this rant, because I am the one who chose ivory colored towels for our guest bathroom. But with the taupe walls, they just look so nice.

Well, they look nice for the first 10 minutes after they come out of the dryer, that is.

Usually, the thing I see most often smeared on these towels is bright blue toothpaste. That's right, BRIGHT BLUE toothpaste.

Really? Can we not wipe our mouths on a tissue of some sort? Or better yet, brush our teeth in a way that doesn't leave a blue clown mouth that needs to be wiped at all?

Alright, so I've gotten used to my pretty ivory towels defaced with blue Crest, sort of. But on Monday night after much Valentine candy had been consumed, and the girls were tucked in bed, I walked by their bathroom and saw this:



What in the world?! How does one get that much chocolate on a towel? All I can figure is that one of them sucked on a Hershey's kiss, and then LICKED THE TOWEL before brushing her teeth with BRIGHT BLUE TOOTHPASTE, and then wiped THAT on the light colored "canvas". Because if somebody shows up to the house unexpectedly and needs to wash and dry their hands, we need to be ready for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment