Thursday, May 20, 2010

Recycled Banana Muffins



I love bananas, but sometimes I just can't get through them fast enough. Last weekend was the demise of yet another banana trio. I saw them hanging on their hook, all mushy and black, and decided to put them out of their misery. So into the trash they went.




Later that day I was on Facebook when someone mentioned banana bread. Boy that sounded good. Made me wish I had some overly ripe bananas to make ... Hey! I DO have some of those!! So over to the trash I went. Call me George Costanza if you must. I was desperate! Thankfully, they were still right on top without anything toxic touching them.


Since the girls were at a neighbor's house swimming, I took advantage of the free time and made me some recycled banana muffins!!


I was so excited for the girls to see what I had made, because with the exception of cookies, I usually only bake at Christmas.


Megan was the first to see the muffins cooling on the counter.


Megan: You made muffins?!

Me: I know!!

Megan: What kind are they?

Me: Banana!!! Isn't that great?!

Megan: YUMMY!!!! Wait. You didn't use the bananas from the TRASH, did you?

Me: Umm ... What?






1 comment:

  1. awwww...she called you on it. Good thing when God designed them he put them in a wrapper for such an occasion! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete