Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I don't remember getting to vote on MORNINGS.

Mornings. I've never been a fan. Today was just one more nail in the morning coffin.




We were running behind schedule again, and finally got into the car at 7:45 a.m. That would be the moment that Amanda closed the car door on Megan's hand. Nice. As I'm listening to my precious 6 year old scream her head off, I realize that I have 2 choices:




1) Tell her to suck it up, because we only have 5 minutes to catch the bus!


2) Take 30 seconds to run her into the house and apply ice.



I chose #2 (I'm as shocked as you are.)



While Henry & I were tending to Megan, Amanda came into the house. When Henry asked her WHY she had come into the house, I assured him that she was probably coming in to check on Megan because she felt bad for what had happened. He assured me that that was NOT the case. He was right.



Megan and I climbed back into the car @ 7:47 (!) only to find that Amanda was not there. I asked Henry where she was. "In her room changing her shirt and socks." ARE YOU EVEN KIDDING ME?!?!? This information resulted in 2 very obnoxious horn blows from yours truly.



Amanda stomped out of the house and into the car completely irritated with the honking. Guess who didn't give a rip?



Believe it or not, on the way to school we sailed through every traffic light (legally). The problem actually came when I pulled into the school parking lot. Where did all these cars come from?! And why are they all working together to make sure Megan misses the bus?


Long blog short, we sat in a line of cars, completely helpless and unable to move, as we watched the bus LEAVE WITHOUT MEGAN!!!


We finally made it through the drop off line, Amanda got out, and Meg & I followed the bus, then passed the bus on the way to her campus.



I sent a text to my boss to let her know why I wasn't at work yet. (She has 4 kids of her own and could totally relate.) She texted back that she'd take a moment to pray for me. While she was praying, her boss (the Superintendent) was looking for some kind of practical joke to leave on my desk!



When I finally arrived at the office (1 hour later than I was supposed to), I was greeted by this:























Is it Friday yet?





No comments:

Post a Comment