Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ivy & Bean


Amanda's been reading (well, actually re-reading) books from the Ivy & Bean series. Ivy & Bean are two girls about Amanda's age. I wish I could tell you more, but I haven't read them myself. Anyway, she was reading one of the books on the way to church this morning ...




Megan: Ivy? What kind of name is "Ivy"?

Amanda: A good one, that's what.

Megan: I don't like it.

Amanda: Who cares what you think?

Megan: Why would anyone name their daughter "Ivy"?

Amanda: You'll understand when you grow up.

Me: Why will she understand when she grows up? She may still dislike the name "Ivy".

Amanda: No. She'll like the name when she's older and understands what names are good.

Me: Sure she will.



I find it interesting that Megan doesn't like the name "Ivy", but "Bean" is apparently completely acceptable.









1 comment:

  1. Tracey ~ No offense to your sweet daughter whose nickname happens to be "Bean". XOXO

    ReplyDelete