Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Disneyland for $20

To many, Disneyland is known as the Happiest Place on Earth, but to some it can also be the Most Expensive Place on Earth.  Who's with me???

This post is a story about how I was able to go to Disneyland for a mere $20. It's true!! 

A little over one year ago, I was writing out a tithe check to our church for my husband's payroll which he received a few days prior. As I was dating it, this thought crossed my mind: You should tithe on your AFLAC reimbursement too.

Um, what? I don't believe the Bible instructs us to tithe on supplemental insurance reimbursements. 

I had never had the thought to do this before, but whatever the case, the thought would NOT LEAVE MY MIND, so I obeyed that "thought", knowing it certainly didn't come from ME, and therefore must have come from GOD. It only meant an extra $20 addition to the check, but I felt better in my heart knowing I'd done what I believed to be the right thing.

The next morning, a friend of mine posted a photo on social media of herself in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle at Disneyland. As soon as I saw it I thought to myself, man, I wish I could go to Disneyland, then went on with my day.

A couple of hours later, I was at work when my boss asked if there was any way I might be able to go as a chaperone with my daughter's choir to DISNEYLAND in three days??? A school administrator had to drop out from going on the trip at the last minute, and because they were in a pinch, my way would be completely paid in addition to being given a meal stipend!!

SAY WHAT?????

Needless to say, I graciously bailed them out ๐Ÿ˜‰ and agreed to go, and as soon as I did, do you want to know what the Lord brought back to my remembrance? My $20 tithe on the AFLAC reimbursement. It was such an odd thought to do that, and because it was so odd, I knew it had to have been God impressing me to do it. So I did, and the return on my obedience was ten fold!! That trip would have easily cost me $200, but I got to go for a mere $20!! SO COOL.

This same kind of thing has happened to me in regards to tithing several times. And those are just the times that I've taken notice! As much as I believe it blesses God when we hear His voice and obey, I wonder if it blesses Him even more when we notice His blessings in our lives and thank Him?









Disney with Megan
 ๐Ÿ’œMarch 2017๐Ÿ’œ







Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need. 
Malachi 3:10–12

No comments:

Post a Comment