Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Vocab ~ Unplugged

It was time for homework. I asked Megan if she would rather read or work on vocabulary words. She skipped out of the room shouting "Vocab! Vocab! Vocab!" Vocab it is.

Then she breaks out her guitar. I asked, "What are you doing?" Again she shouts, "Vocab!" I clarified, "Yes, but what are you doing with the GUITAR?" She said, "I'm going to play it while I do my vocab." Naturally.

So, after every word, she would strum her guitar: "SWAM!" strum "WEATHER!" strum "COUNTRY!" strum .

If she would get a word wrong, she would do a little extra strumming with a look of embarrassment: "HEEDS!" (no that's pronounced HEADS) strum of shame "CUSSIN'!" (no that's actually COUSIN) strum of shame ... and on it went.

It took a little longer to do it this way, but it sure was fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment