Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Say What?!?


Tonight Amanda said the words that I never thought I would ever hear her say ...

She told me that she thinks the reason a friend of hers is always in trouble at school is because she doesn't get spankings at home, and (are you ready for this?) "Spankings are the best kind of punishment." Say what?!?! Who are you and what have you done with my daughter?? I had to ask, "And why are spankings the best kind of punishment, Amanda?" She said, "Because they HURT!!" And??? "And the pain makes you not do bad things again." I swear, it was like the heavens opened up and filled the room with its glorious light.

Then there's Megan, who tonight during bedtime prayers, asked God to let her temperature be over 100 tomorrow so she wouldn't have to go to school. The scary thing is that she's actually prayed this before, and woken up with a fever the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment