Friday, March 26, 2010

Our Visit to the 99 Cent Store


Yesterday after school the girls and I were on a mission to find 22 prizes for Amanda's class Easter party games. When you have to buy that many prizes, you either go to the 99 Cent Store or Dollar Tree. Yesterday we picked the 99 Cent Store.

It didn't take more than about 1 minute for the girls to completely lose sight of why we were even there. "Mom, can I get this?" "Mom, look at this calculator! Can I get a calculator? It's only 99 cents!" "Mom, I've always wanted a mini stapler, and look! They have one! Can I get it? Huh? Huh? Can I? Can I?" After reminding them several times of our purpose, I finally broke down and agreed to let them each pick out ONE item for themselves. (Mistake!) All of a sudden, they just couldn't decide what to get. I mean how could I expect them to choose just 1 crappy item out of a store-full of crappy items??

20 minutes later, Amanda chose the calculator and Megan chose Sour Patch Kids candy.

While waiting in the check-out line, Megan asked if she could eat her Sour Patch Kids once we got back in the car. I said, "Uh, no. The next thing we're going to do is eat dinner." Megan replied, "But I'll die if I can't eat my Sour Patch Kids now!!" I looked at her sympathetically and said, "Well Megan, we'll just have to take that chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment