Thursday, November 3, 2011

Driver's License Weight

Yep. I'm gonna' talk about it. The weight listed on your driver's license. And by "your", I'm mostly talking to the women readers out there. I think.

Like
most people, I got my driver's license when I was 16. I weighed 120 lbs. And yes, I thought I was fat, but we'll leave that alone for right now.

For the next 20 years I miraculously stayed at 120 lbs. My license was proof of that. (Though my clothes told me otherwise.)

Finally at age 36, I felt it might be time to up the number, just a smidge. I mean who would believe I was still 120 lbs.? 125 maybe, but 120? Puh-lease.

Alright ... fast forward 6 years to the present day (Yes, I'm 42. Stop trying to do the math.) Amanda and I are in the McDonald's drive-thru and she offers to get the money out of my wallet. It was then that she caught a glimpse of my license ...

Amanda: Whoa!! Do you really weigh that?

Me: Um ...

Amanda: It's okay, I almost weigh that now, so don't feel bad.

Me: Well ... I actually haven't weighed THAT for a while, but ...

Amanda: You mean they don't make you change it every time your weight goes up or down?

Me: Thankfully, no, or I'd be in there every other month.


Yeah, so I'm thinkin' it's high time the DMV adds the word "goal" in front of the word "weight" on these driver's licenses, because we all know that's what it is.





2 comments:

  1. Ok, I LOL'd so hard at this. I had to read it to my BFF and she laughed too. You literally brighten my day every day with your comic relief. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally LOL'd at this too. Yep. I have my goal weight on my driver's license, too!

    ReplyDelete