Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Life Without Kids: Observation #2

So this is Day 2 without my girls. My mom called to let me know they were doing fine, were a pleasure to be with (big sigh of relief here), and that thanks to their use of the BugZooka, there are no longer any spiders on their ranch! (Hey, as long as Meg doesn't want to bring all the spiders home with her ... remember her "summer souvenir"?)









Observation #2: I love going on dates with my husband!
Tonight was our first date in several months.
I think our last dinner for two was around Christmas time? How did we let this happen? I guess it's just easier to take the kids along, or stay home, than arrange for a sitter. Whatever the case, we went to The Cheesecake Factory and had a fabulous dinner with delightful, uninterrupted conversation. I didn't even have to take anyone to the bathroom! To be able to sit and eat a hot meal in one setting without taking 1 if not 2 trips to the little girl's room? Priceless.








Here's a photo of us getting reacquainted. :)

1 comment:

  1. Darling picture! Oh, and it's cheaper, too, when you aren't feeding four! We now think eating out with just the two of us is amazing. Of course, we're feeding two teenagers.

    ReplyDelete