Monday, August 2, 2010

Life Without Kids: Observation #1

The girls are with Grandpa Ralph and Grandma Judi for the next couple of weeks. (I KNOW!) This allows me to return to my full-time work schedule these last two weeks before school resumes, without having to put Amanda & Megan in daycare. Thank you, Mom & Dad!!!



Since the girls aren't here to provide any current blog material, I thought I would post daily observations of this momma's life without kids. But before I do, please know that I already miss them terribly. I had to be at work by 7:30 this morning, so Henry stayed home until they left. He emailed me later with this message: The girls have left the building. What are your plans for tonight, besides being asleep by 5:00 p.m.? (He knows me so well!) Anyway, as soon as I read that message, a wave of sadness came over me. Go figure.



Okay ...


Observation #1: An hour and a half at Target without kids, absolutely flies by. I kept walking around in a daze. Do other people actually get to look at greeting cards, uninterrupted for like 20 minutes?! And how 'bout standing in the check-out line without someone begging for bubble gum or a candy bar? It was completely surreal. I'm still numb, if you want to know the truth.








4 comments:

  1. I hear you!!! That is basically the only thing I do without kids: roam the aisles of Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping for lots of those times for you and Henry! Yay for grandparents and time enough to MISS your kiddos! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so envious of your time alone! After this crazy summer I'm about ready to flee to a deserted island. A trip around Target though would do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the Target check out or any check out for that matter. Evan believes the little pop out "table" is for him to do tricks on. es he pops it out then proceeds to fumble aroung it and mind you it's NOT large! Yay for no day care...SCARY!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete