Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lame Game?

My girls were introduced to the "Slug Bug" car game sometime last year. You know the one where if you see a VW Bug, you get to yell "Slug Bug!" and hit the person sitting next to you?

What better game for siblings to play than one that gives them permission to hit each other?!

Last week, they took the game to a new obnoxious level. Now it's not only "Slug Bug", but "Cruiser Bruiser", "Jeep Beep" and "Hummer Bummer", oh and don't forget to say, "No backs" after each car sighting, for who knows why.

Because of this game, we can't even have a 2 sentence conversation without one of them yelling out such a phrase and then hitting her sister. It's like having daughters with tourettes.

Today they were at it again, and I was just about ready to ban the game altogether when I heard something of interest ...


Megan: Cop Bop, no backs!

Me: Cop, as in Police?

Amanda: Yeah.

Megan: Mom, did you just speed?

Me: Huh? Slug Bug, no backs!!


I guess the game's not that annoying.





2 comments:

  1. Glad to know this pays off SOMETIMES! I nearly killed my two when they were little and played this all the time. I never had a moments peace. Now when my son plays it with friends in the car (he's 15), I just sit back and wait till they hit each other hard enough to pass out. Gives me something to live for.

    ReplyDelete