Sunday, June 27, 2010

Birth Days



Megan: How does a mom know when her daughter's birthday is?


Me: Well, it's a big enough ordeal (trust me) that a mom remembers exactly when her baby is born, and what day it is.


Megan: Blank stare.


Me: Why do you ask?


Megan: Because I probably wouldn't know when my baby's birthday is.


Me: Yes, you will Meg. Don't worry.


Isn't it amazing what little minds are concerned with? When I was Meg's age, maybe a little older, I saw a hospital scene on TV of a woman giving birth. I remember the woman yelling from the apparent pain. As I continued to watch, I tried to figure out what could possibly be so painful. Then I saw them ... the stirrups! Clearly THAT was what all the fuss was about. I made a mental note right then and there to refuse the stirrups when the time came for me to deliver a baby.
Oh, if only ...






No comments:

Post a Comment