Thursday, April 1, 2010

From Zoo to Poo


The girls and I had THE BEST morning with friends at the zoo! The whole time we were there I kept thinking, Why can't life be like this all the time? Wandering around, stopping to stare at things instead of politely looking away (you should have seen this one camel.) Laughing with mommy friends while our children happily skipped along their merry way. It was just the perfect morning. Then we topped it off with lunch at In-N-Out. Like I said, perfect.


Little did I know, the afternoon was waiting for us.

Both of the girls have Easter dresses hanging in their closets, but need some kind of sweater to cover their bare shoulders. Because their mom is in the choir at church, they get to be at church by 6:30 a.m. Easter Sunday, and I'm thinkin' it might be a little chilly.

So ... we headed to the outdoor mall in town, and after shopping at 3 stores, it was clear the girls had reached their limit. Megan didn't like anything, and Amanda kinda' liked one sweater, but didn't like the 3 quarter length sleeves, so we headed for the car. No big deal. We've still got 2 more days to find something. Once we were in the parking garage, and about 6 feet from our car, Amanda announces that she'd be fine with the last sweater she tried on, and can we go back to get it? (Megan, mind you, has been whining the entire way back to the car, accusing me of hating her, because I won't take her into Macy's. Like I would risk taking this tantrum-in-waiting to Macy's?!?) I explained to Amanda that the time to have told me this was while we were INSIDE THE STORE. Hello???

Needless to say, the ride home was a nightmare, and once we arrived at our house, the girls got to spend some quality time alone in their rooms. More importantly, MOM got to have some quality time alone as well. After everyone had calmed down and was "let out", Megan informed me that she knows what the "middle finger" means. But I'll save that for my next blog ...

No comments:

Post a Comment