Wednesday, April 7, 2010

You Spin My Hair Round?!?!


When I took my girls to see the sequel, I mean, "squeakquel" to the Chipmunks movie a while back, I was surprised to hear a cover song from the 1980's. More surprising/disturbing, was to hear it sung by chipmunks. The song: You Spin Me (originally made popular by the group: Dead or Alive.)



Tonight on the way to church, my girls and their 2 friends started singing this song in their best and LOUDEST chipmunk voices. They messed up the lyrics, just a tad ...


You spin my hair rou, rou, rou, rou, like a record baby, rou, rou, rou, round.


The correct lyrics, if you care: You spin me right round baby right round, like a record baby, round, round, round, round.



For some reason (and perhaps you had to be there), I was laughing my head off! I don't know if it was because they were singing so loud and with such conviction, or if it was because the original lyrics aren't much better than their newly adopted ones. Whatever the case, I've never experienced a ride to church like THAT before.

No comments:

Post a Comment