Saturday, April 10, 2010

Where does the time go?


When I got home the other day from a meeting, it was 5:30 p.m. Since I already knew that dinner was gonna' be a no-brainer (left-over pizza!), AND the girls had no homework, I felt like I had a decent amount of time before having to get the girls into bed. Wrong! I swear, not 5 minutes later I looked at the clock again and it was 7:45 p.m.!! How did that happen? Where in the world did the time go? Let's see ...


Warmed up pizza.

Ate pizza.

Cleared table/washed dishes.

Fed Dogs.

Helped Megan get paper for a comic book she wanted to make, about Easter, with Christmas Hello Kitty stickers.

Got bath ready for Amanda.

Put first tray (of 5) cookies in the oven for a friend’s birthday.

Told Amanda to get in bath.

Listened to Megan read her Easter (Christmas) Hello Kitty comic book, without laughing.

Told Amanda to get in bath again.

Put second tray of cookies in the oven.

Watched Megan go out back to play with dogs wearing only socks on her feet (A huge pet peeve of mine. Note to any parents out there who happen to see the bottom of Megan’s socks … Yes, they really are clean!! They look like she just walked through mud, but I promise you ~ they HAVE been washed!)

Watched Megan come in withOUT socks.

Listened to Megan explain that while out back, she stepped in dog poop, in her socks, and had to remove them. When I asked where she had put the poopy socks, she said, “On top of the grill.” Naturally.

Put load of laundry in washing machine.

Put third tray of cookies in the oven.

Got Amanda out of tub (After she shook the water off her body like a dog. Does anyone else have a child who insists on doing this after bathing?)

Told Megan to get in bath.

Helped Amanda get pajamas on (After expressing my disgust over the state of her room.)

Put fourth tray of cookies in the oven.

Told Megan to get in bath again.

Got dessert ready for Amanda.

Got backpacks ready for the next day.

Got Megan out of the tub (Yes, she too has to shake the water off like a canine. What is the deal?!)

Put fifth tray of cookies in the oven.

Moved clothes from washer to dryer.

Helped Megan get pajamas on (Also after making my disgust known over the state of HER room.)

Got dessert for Megan.

Heard the phone ring. Megan read the phone number to me, but before I could tell her not to answer because I didn’t recognize the number, she answered it. I told her to hang up on the person. (Pretty bad, huh? Sorry if that was anyone reading this, but I’m pretty sure we don’t know anyone with a 201 area code.)

Got my clothes ready for the next day.

Took fifth and final tray of cookies out of the oven.

Got the girl’s clothes ready for the next day.

Looked at the clock! It was 7:45 p.m.!!!!


So yeah … Where does the time go? (And why am I so tired?)

3 comments:

  1. Ah, but you see, if it was our hubby's doing this routine then it would have taken twice as long and the kids would have been in bed by 10pm.
    I commend you for getting all that done in that short of time. AND you didn't burn the cookies!
    You're a superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You nailed it with the hubby comparison! Thanks for the kudos, fellow-superstar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you did ALL that in 2 hours and 15 minutes!! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete