Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rituals

Do you have any rituals at your house? Things you do with family members, but you don't even remember how you started doing them?

When I was a little, my sister and I would always want mom to "Rub our back, tummy and feet" at bedtime. How did that even start? I guess if the back rub was so good, why not go for broke and ask for a little tummy and feet action while you're at it, right?

Well, one of the many rituals at our house is the goodbye kisses Henry and I give each other. I have no idea how it started, but we can't say goodbye now without 3 quick kisses. I know the girls are around when we do this, but I guess I never really thought they were paying attention.

Until yesterday morning.



The girls and I were ready to leave for school ...

Me: Is Dad in the shower?

Megan: Yeah.

Me visibly disappointed, apparently: Okay, let's go.

Megan: Wait, pretend I'm Dad.

Me: Huh?

It was then that she gave me 3 quick kisses for him.


How sweet is that?!



No comments:

Post a Comment