Monday, October 10, 2011

Memories

I often wonder what my girls will remember about their childhood. Specifically, what they will remember of the role I played in their childhood. I hope it's more than just a recollection of me on one of my many tirades regarding the disaster areas they call bedrooms.

Saturday night after saying bedtime prayers with Megan, I got a glimpse of what kind of memories might stick ...

Me: Good night, Meg.

Megan: Good night. Mom?

Me: Yeah?

Megan: Remember at our old house how you used to play your choir music on Sunday mornings, and how I would sit on your lap eating my waffle, and you would practice your choir songs?

Me: Hmmm. I haven't thought of that in a very long time, but yes, I remember.

Megan: I liked that.

Me: Me too.

Megan: Love you. See you in the morning. Good night.

Me: Love you too. Good night.

I'm thinkin' the memories will work themselves out.



No comments:

Post a Comment