Wednesday, October 19, 2011

New Word Alert!

Sometimes I wonder why we even designated rooms for the girls. I mean, it's not like they keep their crap stuff in their respective rooms. It's always strewn about the house ... dirty socks, Barbies, lanyard string, shoes ... the list is endless.

So yesterday morning Amanda was looking for her other tennis shoe. She called from her bedroom ...

Amanda: Mom!

Me: What?!

Amanda: Where's my other tennis shoe?!

Me: I thought I saw one over by the door to the garage.

I was headed that way anyway, and by the time I got there, she'd found what she was looking for.

Amanda: Found it!

Me: Good.

Amanda: Yeah, it was like FIVE FEET away from the other one!

Me: Five feet? It was WAY further than five feet.

Amanda: I know. I was underexaggerating.

Me: Underexaggerating?

Amanda: It's the opposite of exaggerating.

Me: Right.




No comments:

Post a Comment