Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Smelly Suppers

Megan has a sensitive nose when it comes to food.



For instance, she can't stand the smell of salad, and I'm not just talking tuna salad, which would be understandable. She doesn't like the smell of lettuce, tomato, etc. when it's mixed up in a bowl. She dislikes it so much, that she'll take a clip magnet off the fridge and clip it onto her nose so she doesn't have to smell it. I'm not even kidding.




The other night I sat down to the table with some split pea soup. Apparently she doesn't like the smell of that either.



I heard her telling Henry about it later, how mom had some kind of smelly pea soup for dinner. She couldn't quite remember the name of the soup that had caused her nose such torment. Then as I was tucking her into bed ...



Megan: Mom, what was the name of that soup you ate tonight? Pee Pee Soup?


Me: Uh, no. It's called Split Pea Soup.


Megan: Oh yeah. It smelled gross.



I'm sure Pee Pee Soup would smell gross. My Split Pea Soup, however, smelled fine to me.















No comments:

Post a Comment