Thursday, May 26, 2011

Modest Meg

Without going into the gory details, I had to make a doctor appointment for Megan last week for a little owie she had on her bum bum. When she found out that she was going to have to go to the doctor, she was not happy.



Megan: I don't want to go to the doctor!


Me: Why? What's the big deal?


Megan: I don't want him to see my naked buttocks! It's embarrassing!!


Me: Yes, it's embarrassing, but he's a doctor and he sees naked buttocks' every day. He's only going to look for a few seconds, and then you can pull your pants back up.


Megan: I'm not going!!


Me: Megan, I don't like getting naked in front of my doctor either, but it's just part of life. You can't worry about it.


Megan: I'm still not going.


Okay, this conversation took place on the drive to school, so once again, by the time we got to the drop off zone, we're fighting about her going to the doctor. And once again she's refusing to get out of the car. Why, Lord, WHY?!


Me: Megan, we're done talking about this. It's time to get out of the car.


Megan doesn't move.


Me: Megan. You have to get OUT. NOW.


Megan: I'm NOT going to the doctor!!


Me: GET OUT OF THE CAR!!


Megan: You're a MEANIE!! (Gets out and slams door.)


Ah yes, another successful school drop-off.


I called the doctor's office and they had an 11:30 a.m. appointment available.


I drove over to Megan's campus, bracing for the worst and ready to bribe big time.


Megan: I told you I didn't want to go to the doctor.


Me: I know, but it won't take long, and I'll get you a treat after, if you cooperate.


Megan: Okay! Can I have coffee?


Me: Uh, no.


Megan: Why not? I don't have to get up early tomorrow?


Me: Megan.


Megan: Fine. Jamba Juice?


Me: You bet.


The doctor appointment went fine. I could tell she was embarrassed, but she was a trooper. And I've gotta' say, I'm a little relieved to know that she knows it's an embarrassing thing to show your naked bottom to someone. The way she struts around the house sometimes after her bath makes me wonder if she even understands the concept of "modesty".



















No comments:

Post a Comment