Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day with Megan

Mother's Day morning started out nice enough. Of course that's because I woke up an hour before the girls.


Speaking of that - I don't know if I've blogged about this before or not, but ever since I became a mom, I've had to wake up 2+ hours prior to my desired time of departure. It's the only way to make it out the door anywhere close to the time we're supposed to. And sometimes we're still late. Why 2 hours, you ask? The first hour is for me to get done what I need to without interruption. The second hour is all about prodding the girls to get dressed, eat breakfast, and brush their teeth and hair. Now I know why the Proverbs 31 woman rose early in the morning. I never thought I'd be like her, because I value my sleep so much, but now I know she had no choice and NEITHER DO I !!


Okay, back to my Mother's Day morning ...


I started out full of love and patience. It was Mother's Day after all. Everyone was on their best behavior, right? Ha!


Megan gave me a lovely gift and card that she'd made at school. I thanked her and gave her a hug and kiss, then told her it was time to get dressed as we needed to leave in 20 minutes for church.


10 minutes passed and I found her still in her pajamas, watching Bob the Builder on TV.


I told her again, nicely, to go get dressed as we now only had 10 minutes before we needed to leave. She made her way to her room and shut the door. Progress!


10 more minutes passed and I walked in her room to find her playing on her bed with dolls, STILL IN HER PAJAMAS.


Me not so nice anymore: Megan! GET DRESSED!! WE NEED TO LEAVE NOW!!!


Megan: WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN ON MOTHER'S DAY?!?!!


Me: Because my DAUGHTER is being so DISOBEDIENT on MOTHER'S DAY!!!


5 more minutes passed and I walked in her room again to find her dressed (praise GOD), but rather than heading towards the door, she was holding her guitar and looking at herself in the mirror. REALLY?! What in the WORLD she was doing, I had no idea, but composing a musical apology would have been a good start.


Needless to say, we were late to church (so much for getting up at 5 AM). And though it's a short drive, it was long enough to regroup.


During the message, Megan filled out her "Sermon Notes" paper and passed it over to me:



Date: May 7, 2011 (a day off, but I'll take it)
Message Title: Mothers Day
Scripture Passage: Mothers Day

I like Mothers Day because I get to do speshel thins for my mom. My mom is nice pritty and helpful too. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

One Mother's Day salvaged. Whew.





























No comments:

Post a Comment