Saturday, March 5, 2011

Slurpees and Such


There are just some days when you gotta' have a 7-11 Slurpee. Yesterday was one of those days.

The girls and I walked into the 7-11, got our Slurpees, and headed to the cashier.

The cashier, a woman who looked to be in her mid to late 50's, but who was probably only 40, gave me the total: $5.20.

I handed her $10.20.

She rang it up and then stared at the cash register. Then she stared at me. Then back at the register. Then back at me.

Cashier: I rang it up as $5.20 instead of $10.20.

Me: Oh, you did?

Cashier: Yeah, and I know I owe you change, but I can't think how much that is.

Me: $5.00.

Cashier: Right. Sorry. My brain ain't workin' today.


While walking back to the car ...

Megan: That lady said her brain didn't work.

Me: Yep, that's what she said.

Megan: Do you think she had a drug?

Me: I think she had more than just one.

Megan: Yeah. A lot more.








No comments:

Post a Comment