Thursday, August 2, 2012

Distracted Driving

A while back, the girls and I drove over to pick Henry up from work. Amanda likes to ride shotgun, so once we arrived, she stepped outside to walk around to the backseat so Henry could sit in front.  Once Henry was in and his door shut, I put the car in drive and proceeded to roll forward. It was at that moment that I heard someone hit the outside of the back window, while Megan yelled, "Mom!! Wait for Amanda!"


Oops.


So I stopped (shocking, I know) and tried to apologize, but it's hard to do that while laughing. I believe Amanda's words were, "Gee, Mom, thanks a LOT."


Amanda is now paranoid, and rightfully so, that I'll drive off without her whenever we go to pick up Henry.  So now as she exits the car, she looks at me and says, "Don't drive off without me."  I promise not to, only to hear her sister in the backseat start chanting, "Drive a-way! Drive a-way!"


Pretty sure this will end up being one of those memories that Amanda recalls in counseling someday.









No comments:

Post a Comment