Saturday, August 11, 2012

Home Alone

Amanda is approaching the age where she'll be able to stay home alone. I know. I can't believe it either.

We've told both girls that before that can happen, they have to prove themselves to us. Prove that they can be responsible and treat each other with respect. Meg's biggest fear of being left home alone with Amanda is that her big sister will abuse her new found authority to make her a prisoner in her own home. Actually, that's my biggest fear as well.

This morning we thought we'd make a trial run. So I drove Henry to the church where he was going to be running sound for a memorial service, and a wedding after that. The round trip drive is about 8 minutes. EIGHT MINUTES. 4 minutes into it we got a call  ...

Megan:  Amanda ate some cookie dough out of the freezer as soon as you guys left.

Me:  And ...

Megan:  And I thought I should call to tell you.


Needless to say, I rushed home ...

to makes sure Amanda had left some for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment