Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sealants

The girls had a dental appointment Monday afternoon (The same day I went over the edge with 3rd grade math homework. It all makes sense now, doesn't it?)

Megan was bragging before the appointment because she didn't have to get x-rays (which she hates), but Amanda did.

Well, pride cometh before unexpected x-rays.

The dentist thought Meg had 2 cavities, but wanted to confirm with x-rays. Yeah, they were confirmed alright. Ugh.

The dental assistant broke the news to me.

Dental Assistant: Megan has 2 cavities in her lower molars. It's too late to put sealants on those, but we can still put sealants on her top molars.

Okay, I remember getting a paper after Henry took them to the dentist last time, recommending Megan get sealants, which I thought was a great idea ... but I assumed it would be done at her next appointment (which was this one!) Apparently not. APPARENTLY I was supposed to schedule a separate appointment for the sealant application. UGH!!!!

Me: Why is it too late to put sealants on the bottom molars?

At this point the dental assistant tried her best to not make me feel stupid. At least that's what I like to think.

Dental Assistant: Because they already have decay. You have to apply the sealants before decay.

Me: Oh.

Sealants before decay. Go figure.












No comments:

Post a Comment