Thursday, September 22, 2011

Prayers


Megan's prayer the other night before bed ...

Dear Jesus, I mean Heavenly Fa ... Father in heaven, thank you for this day. Thank you that we could be safe. *Thank you for this food. Thank you that Dad is my dad, and Mom is my mom, and Amanda's my sister, and I'm myself. Please help all the people who are kidnapped to be found. And please help all the people in prison to be better people if they get out or don't. In Jesus' name, Our Father Who ART in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts as we forgive our **trespassers. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil for Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever, amen.

Megan: Mom, was that my best prayer ever?

Me: I'd say so.



* I've teased Meg that she doesn't have to pray for her food during the day because she always covers it at bedtime.

** After spending the night at a friend's house whose family uses the word "trespassers" instead of "debtors" while reciting The Lord's Prayer, Megan now likes to get both of those in there. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment