Friday, January 20, 2012

Common Sense Anyone?

Amanda and Megan were at it again. They never seem to run out of things to fight about.

This fight culminated with Amanda slamming a door shut with Megan at her heels. The result was Megan getting her nose smashed.

When Megan came crying to me ...

Megan: Amanda slammed the door on my nose!!

Me already completely fed up with their bickering: I'm sorry that happened, Megan, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for you when you get hurt while fighting with your sister.

When Amanda shows up on the scene ...

Me: You shouldn't have slammed the door. You hurt your sister's nose when you did that.

Amanda: You've never told me not to slam doors.

Me: Yes I have.

Amanda: No you haven't.

Me: YES, I HAVE. And why w
ould I have to tell you that anyway?

Amanda shrugs: I don't know.

Me: Well if you didn't hear me before, I'm telling you now: DON'T SLAM DOORS.

Amanda: Fine.

Me: Fine.

So apparently I must instruct Amanda on everything ... even common sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment