Monday, August 22, 2011

Water Polo?


Amanda: Mom, what's water polo?

Me: It's like volleyball in the pool.

Amanda: What do you mean?

Me: There's a ball that the teams volley back and forth while treading water the whole time.

Amanda: Oh, so it's like volleyball, but in the pool.

Brilliant, isn't she?

Okay ... and for all you sports people out there who really know what water polo is, MY APOLOGIES. I've actually never watched water polo, and had to Google the definition after this conversation with Amanda. Based on what I read, water polo is more like soccer in the pool than volleyball. Am I right? Yeah, whatever. I've never claimed to be a sports person. And now that I know what water polo really is, sort of ... why in the world would anyone subject themselves to such a game, anyway? Crazy athletic people.






1 comment:

  1. Why we play? Because honestly it is the best sport ever! It is a lot of fun, sometimes violent, yes, but a blast!

    ReplyDelete