Monday, April 18, 2011

Forgetting


It was Saturday night and we were at the table eating dinner. And by "we", I mean me and Megan. Amanda was protesting dinner and taking it out on the piano in the other room, and Henry was working.


I looked over at Megan as if to say, "Can you even believe how your sister is behaving?" But apparently that's the same look I give before saying, "Uh ... are you going to say 'excuse me'?" Because the following conversation ensued after I gave her the look ...


Megan: Sorry, I forgot.

Me: Forgot what?

Megan: That I pushed one out.

Me: Pushed what out?

Megan: A fart. See? I'm always forgetting, because when I push it out fast, I forget in like 2 seconds that it happened.

Me: Okaaay.

Megan: I forgot AGAIN!!

Me: So ...

Megan: Excuse me.

Me: You're excused.



~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Speaking of forgetfulness, have you seen this cartoon?









2 comments:

  1. LOL! I'm tickled by how you find the humor in these fragments of time that for most of us would just come and go and we wouldn't stop to enjoy our kids! You are teaching me to look for the silliness in our every day lives. I know it's there, but I get too wrapped up in my schedule that I don't slow down and just laugh at my kids! Thank you Tami ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Thanks Sandi. If I can get you to stop and laugh at your kids, then I guess my job here is done. ;)

    ReplyDelete