Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Just Take the #@&% Ice Cream Already!

It was a hot afternoon. Actually, it wasn't that hot. It was warm. I mean, July where we live is usually in the triple digits, and this day in July was only like 90. Still hot enough for a McDonald's ice cream cone. So while running errands ...

Megan: Mom, if I pay you back when we get home, can you buy me an ice cream at McDonald's?

Me: Amanda, would you like an ice cream cone too?

Amanda: Sure!

Megan: So I can pay you back when we get home then?

Me: You don't have to pay me back.

Megan: But I have enough money at home.

Me: I'm sure you do, but you don't have to use it on ice cream.

Megan: But I can.

Me: I KNOW, BUT YOU DON'T NEED TO. I AM GOING TO BUY IT FOR YOU.

Megan: So ...

Amanda: Megan!! You don't have to pay her back!! She wants to buy us ice cream, because she's a nice mom!

Me: Yeah, nice for 5 minutes anyway.

Amanda: No, you're nice ALL the time.

Me: Uh huh.

Megan: So I can't pay you back for the ice cream?

Me: You know what? Yes. Yes you can. Please pay me back for the ice cream as soon as we get home. Thank you.

Megan: But I don't want to.

Me: Ugh!!



No comments:

Post a Comment