Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Notes from Meg

All this week, the girls have 1/2 days because of parent/teacher conferences in the afternoons. So that means I get to try and work while keeping them entertained. Good times.

I've learned to come equipped with books, electronics (portable DVD player, hand-held gaming devices, etc.) Oh, and snacks are a MUST. Popcorn seems to be a favorite, in case you were wondering.

Today the girls got a little bonus when our school registrar gave them an expired First-Aid kit. A couple rounds of "school nurse" only lasted about 20 minutes, but it was a glorious 20 minutes.

Amanda finally hunkered down with a Nancy Drew book, which meant that Megan needed attention. She asked for a pen and some scratch paper. Pretty soon I began getting notes ...


Note #1) I'm hungry MOM.


I verbally replied: Well, you haven't you eaten your lunch yet, so you can have that.


Note #2) NO I Can't.


I then suggested that she get a granola bar out of my drawer.


Note #3) Thank you.


About 15 minutes later ...


Note #4) When are we going to are house!!!!!!!


Me: 1 hour and 15 minutes.


Note #5) Can I wach a move?


I assumed she meant that she wanted to watch a "movie", not watch some of her mom's cool "moves".


I was right (her loss).


Sigh. 2 days down; 3 to go ...


No comments:

Post a Comment