Thursday, July 22, 2010

Jekyll and Hyde?


On Wednesday nights I have choir rehearsal. While I'm there, the girls go to the Explorers kid's program. Last night was Crazy Hat Night. When Megan is rested, she looks forward to going. When she's not, she doesn't. Last night she was not and didn't.


Me: Okay girls, we leave for church in 15 minutes.

Megan: I don't WANT to go to church!

Me: But it's Crazy Hat Night!

Megan: I HATE Crazy Hat Night! I'm not going!!!

Me: Well, I've missed the last 2 choir rehearsals, so we're going whether you like Crazy Hat Night or not.

Megan: I'm not going and you can't make me!!

Me: You are, and I can. You don't have to wear a crazy hat if you don't want to, but you do have to go.

Megan: I'M NOT GOING!!!! Runs to room crying and slams door shut.


A few minutes pass, and Megan comes walking down the hallway to me.

Megan: Mom, would this be a cute outfit to wear tonight to Explorers?

Me: Yep. Very cute. Let's go.


No comments:

Post a Comment