Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Math Much?

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!  No, not Christmas ... Chocolate Candy Bar School Fundraiser Time!!  And yes, I'm being completely sarcastic!!!

I guess I wouldn't mind this particular fundraiser so much, if I didn't end up purchasing most of the chocolate bars MYSELF.  It's just so much easier to hand the girls a World's Finest, than actually cook them dinner.

Tonight ...

Megan:  Mom, I only have 59 cents. Can I borrow one cent?

Me:  Why do you need 60 cents?

Megan:  To buy a candy bar.

Me:  But they're a dollar.

Megan:  Wait, how many cents is a dollar?

Me:  ONE HUNDRED!?



I wonder if the school would let us borrow some of the fundraising money for a math tutor ...



Note after the fact: A friend suggested that perhaps Meg got her money and time facts mixed up. There are 60 minutes in an hour, so there must be 60 cents in a dollar, right? Makes sense to me. :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment