Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pet Petitions

I've mentioned on Facebook how obsessed my girls are with pets. 

I may have even blogged about the fact that the only reason we let them have puppies, was to keep my youngest ALIVE. It's true. When we first moved to this neighborhood, Meg was 4 years old, and she would walk up and down the street, knocking on doors to ask if she could come in and pet their dogs.

Now before you start judging me on why I let her do this, please know that I was not aware that she was doing this!! Not until, that is, a man covered in tattoos walked her back home ...

Tattoo Man: Hi, are you Megan's mom?

Me: I am.

Tattoo Man: Well Megan just knocked on my door and asked if she could come in to pet my dog Charlie.

Me: She DID?

Tattoo Man: She did. I told her I should probably meet her mom first.

Me: Yes. Thank you. Thank you very, very much.

Okay. So 2 things came of this little encounter. 

1) I no longer make quick judgements about people covered in tattoos. And truth be told, one of the reasons I don't have a tattoo is because I have such an addictive gene in me, that I'd totally be one of those people who couldn't stop after the first one and end up with a body suit. Not even kidding.

2) The girls got puppies, STAT.

Alright, fast forward to life with dogs, and they're STILL not satisfied. I've repeatedly said, "No" to cats, fish, rats, mice, hermit crabs, hamsters, guinea pigs, bunnies, birds, etc.  But they're still at it.

Why? It's hard to say. I suppose it might have something to do with the fact that we now own 2 hermit crabs and 8 fish.

Yep, they wore me down on the sea creatures. BIG mistake, because NOW they're RELENTLESS in their begging for other critters.

Here's Meg's birthday card to me a few months ago:
























Did you catch the P.S. ??? "I need a hamster". Happy birthday indeed.

Then just this morning, I went to add an item to my grocery list, only to find THIS:

















That's right, I'm supposed to pick up some crunchy peanut butter, oh, and a pet rat.

The good news is: We're not allowed to have roaming pets inside the house. 

God obviously knew I would need some back-up on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment