Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fake Nails NOW

To say that Megan loves fake nails really doesn't begin to scratch the surface of her passion for them. I don't know why she has this obsession, but she does, and we deal with it the best we know how.

For the past 2-3 weeks, Megan has actually been saving her money. She counted it out Monday and announced ...


Megan: Five dollars! I have five dollars! Mom, is that enough to buy fake nails?

Me: I think so. I wanna' say they're five or six dollars.

Megan: Awesome! Can we go tonight to buy some?

Me: No.


This answer was not what Meg wanted to hear, so after a mini-meltdown, she said ...


Megan: Fine, we'll go tomorrow.

Me: We'll see. Which we all know means, "probably not."


Tuesday afternoon arrives, and it's been a crazy long day. All I want to do is get home as fast as possible, and procrastinate dinner preparation as long as possible.

In the car, on the way home ...


Megan: Mom, can we go buy the fake nails now?

Me: No, not today.

Megan: But I want to go get them NOW!!

Me: Sorry, Meg, but it's too late in the day and I'm too tired to go anywhere.

Megan: I WANT TO GO NOW!!

Me: I'm sorry, but we're not going NOW. Thursday's a holiday. We could go then.

Megan: NOT THURSDAY!! TODAY!!

Me: Thursday, Meg.

Megan: OH YEAH?! WELL IF WE'RE NOT GOING TODAY, THEN WE'RE GOING THURSDAY!!!

Me: Great idea. Why didn't I think of that?


Here's what she did with her fake nails a while back. I'm sure it's all the rage in Europe. Megan has a sense about these things ...






















No comments:

Post a Comment