Monday, March 18, 2013

Extreme Couponing

Megan has discovered the show Extreme Couponing. Ever since, she's been on a mission to cut out a gazillion coupons to save our family thousands of dollars at the grocery store, restaurants, etc.

Now I will admit that I'm not crazy about coupons. If I had the time to dedicate myself to such a hobby, I might be able to make them work for us. Instead, my husband hands me coupons that I usually forget to hand over to the cashier. Not always, but yeah, more than not.

I suppose if the coupons were for things we actually used ... okay, that's not fair. Let me try that again. I suppose if the coupons were for BRANDS we actually used, I'd be more inclined to use them. Wow. That really makes me sound like a snob. I should just end this post right now and start clipping coupons to teach my stuck-up self a lesson.

Or not.

So Megan basically validated my opinion of couponing this past weekend.

All last week she clipped coupons, and was super excited to show me ALL of the Carl's Jr. food items we could save on.  I told her that perhaps  we could go to Carl's Jr. that weekend, but not until then.

This past Saturday, after running around from store to store trying to find a white blouse and black flats for Amanda's school choir outfit, we girls were hungry. Since we were close to home, I suggested we zip over there to retrieve our Carl's Jr. coupons and enjoy a discounted lunch! The girls were all for it.

We got home, and Meg started looking over the coupons.

Megan:  Here's one for a breakfast sandwich.

Me:  They've stopped serving breakfast for the day.

Megan:  Well the only other coupons are for hamburgers.

Me:  Well, that IS what they're known for.

Megan:  But I don't LIKE hamburgers.

Me:  Okay, Amanda and I can get burgers, and you can get chicken nuggets.

Megan:  I don't LIKE chicken nuggets.

Me:  How about onion rings?

Megan:  Nope.

Me:  Is there anything you like at Carl's Jr.?

Megan:  No. I HATE Carl's Jr.

Me: Then Taco Bell it is.


So what have we learned today boys and girls? Two things:

1) The purpose of coupons, is to get you all excited about saving money on things you don't even LIKE.

2) You don't need coupons to eat at Taco Bell.




No comments:

Post a Comment