Monday, September 24, 2012

Prayer Posture

I don't know about you, but I close my eyes when I pray. It's how I was taught, and quite frankly, it's much easier to stay focused on your prayer with your eyes closed anyway.



That said, I also close my eyes when I pray with my girls at bed time. I know for a fact that Megan doesn't, because often times she'll say something like, "Jesus, please help Mom to be nicer tomorrow." And upon hearing that, I'll shake my head. Then the very next thing she prays is, "And please help her to stop shaking her head." And that's about the time I start laughing and hear her say, "And please help her to stop laughing." 


Yeah. Prayers with Meg are anything but dull.


Last night I told Meg that I needed to get to bedtime prayers sooner than later because I still had to go out and do the grocery shopping afterwards.  So she began to pray ...


Dear Jesus,
Thank you for this day.
Thank you that we can be safe.
Thank you for this food.
Thank you that I'm flexible and can do this while I pray.

I took a peek and saw Meg on her back with her legs straight up in the air. I shook my head and closed my eyes again, because what else can you do? She continued ...

Please keep Mom safe at the store when she buys tampons, and make-up, and toilet paper. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

As usual, God answered her prayer and granted me a safe trek to the 3 different stores where I was able to purchase all that I needed INCLUDING FOOD, just in case anyone was wondering.





No comments:

Post a Comment