Thursday, September 20, 2012

Easy Bake Crap

If there's one thing Megan can't resist, it's a food-making toy.

If there's one thing I CAN'T STAND, it's a FOOD-MAKING TOY.

Why, oh WHY do toy companies insist on creating these hard-to-operate items for children?! 

Over the last couple years, much to my chagrin, Meg has accumulated the following:

Candy Ring Maker
Cake Making/Decorating Kit 
Dippin' Dots Maker
DQ Blizzard Ice Cream Maker

Last weekend she spent some birthday money on an Easy Bake Oven.

She couldn't WAIT to make the cake pops shown on the outside of the box. And who could blame her? I mean, LOOK at them:

















So we followed the 85 step directions, and were somewhat disappointed at how they compared to the promised result:
















When I voiced my disgust at Easy Bake's false advertisement, Amanda was quick to point out that it was Meg's fault (what are sisters for, right?) ...

"Mom, it says right on the box, 'Quality based on skill level'."

Fine. But even so, there's NO WAY anyone is gonna' convince me that these crap cake pops are worth the $50 price tag, not to mention my SANITY.

And yes, she already has her eye on her next purchase ... a Cotton Candy Maker!! Can you EVEN imagine?!

Just kill me now.




No comments:

Post a Comment