Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Headache "Prayers"

Last year Megan wanted one of those water bottles that doubles as a mister, because sometimes it's just not enough to drink the water ... sometimes you need to wear it as well.

So I bought it for her and within a week she'd broken the mister part of the bottle.

Yeah.

Now she wants another one, and since she knows I won't buy it, she's decided to use some of her birthday money. Fine.

Yesterday afternoon she begged and begged to go to Sports Authority so she could make the purchase, but since I had a terrible headache, I told her we'd have to wait until today. The problem with that? My headache decided to hang on for another 24 hours. Ugh.

When she found out we weren't going today either, you would have thought sugar had been outlawed or something. I mean, how on EARTH can you send your child to school withOUT a water bottle that MISTS?! Child abuse at it's finest.

Anyway, I apologized for my medical condition, and thought I'd heard the last of it. 

What I forgot, was that bedtime prayers were just around the corner. And we all know that that is the perfect time to "talk to God" with your mother as a captive audience.  

Her prayer was as follows ...

Dear Jesus,  

Thank you for this day. 
Thank you that everybody could be safe. 
Thank you for this food. 
Please help mom's headache to GO AWAY, because 2 things:
1) It's irritating her, and 2) It's irritating ME, because I can't go to Sports Authority!

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

And Amen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment