Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Morning with Meg

Today Meg got her last 2 fillings. We opted to NOT have her tooth pulled because she still remembers her last tooth extraction back when she was 3 years old, and those are NOT pleasant memories (an abscessed tooth at age 3 ... can you even imagine the horror?)

As promised, we left the dentist and drove directly to Starbuck's for her coffee frap. The gal working the drive-thru window thought we were nuts for ordering a frozen beverage when it was only 46 degrees outside, but oh well. A promise is a promise. (She does look cold in this pic though, now that I look at it.)

Later, as we were driving to the pet store to get her baby fish ...

Meg:  Mom, look! A Verizon store! And there's a sign in the window that says, 'Megan needs a phone.'

Me:  Must be another Megan.

Meg:  Nope. It actually says, 'Megan Elizabeth Grimmius needs a phone.'

Me:  Nice try.

Later ...

Meg:  When I'm old enough to get my driver's license, I'm still gonna need you to drive me around.

Me:  Why's that?

Meg:  Because there's NO WAY I'm gonna remember how to get to all these different places.

Me:  Sure you will. By the time you're old enough to drive, you will have gone to these places so many times with me, that you'll remember how to get there and back home again.

Meg:  No, I'm gonna need you to drive still.

Good to know my job as her personal driver is secure.

And even later ...

Meg:  Did it hurt for you to have me?

Me:  You mean to give birth to you?

Meg:  Yeah.

Me:  Yep.

Meg:  But who hurt you more, me or Amanda?

Me:  Well, Amanda, because she was my first, and my body hadn't done that before. She took 20 hours to get out, but you only took 7. So Amanda definitely hurt more.

Meg:  YES!!

That's right. Everything is a competition between siblings!  I never guessed one would see a shorter labor as a personal victory, but apparently it is.

And this concludes my morning with Meg. The parts I can remember anyway.




1 comment: