Monday, November 19, 2012

The 3rd Person

Our family had a lot going on tonight. Henry and I were supposed to be at a vocal recording in his studio at the same time Amanda had a school council meeting, and Meg had to entertain the sitter at home.

The plan was for Amanda to text the sitter from my phone after her meeting ended, so she could be picked up and taken home.

Since she would be texting from my phone, I figured it should sound like me doing the texting ...



Me: When your meeting is over, text Mrs. Coomber something like, "Amanda is ready to be picked up."

Amanda: So I have to talk in the 3rd person?

Me: Do you have a problem with that?

Amanda: It's kinda' creepy.

Me: Do what you want.

Amanda: Okay, how 'bout, "The sweet girl is ready to be picked up."

Me: Sure.

Tami likes that.



No comments:

Post a Comment