Tuesday, December 17, 2013

New Catch Phrase

Quite some time ago, the girls and I were playing a form of Pictionary on one of their handheld devices.

Amanda gave me a phrase to illustrate for Megan that I'd never heard before:

If it can't be cured, it must be endured.

Okay. Is this a common saying? And if so, why haven't I heard it before? Probably because it's lame. I mean, it's one of those sayings that goes WITHOUT SAYING. Am I right, or am I right? Whatever the case, I knew that if I'D never heard it, Meg CERTAINLY wouldn't have heard it. 

Figuring it was a lost cause, I decided to draw a pill container with a big 'Rx' on it, and then cross it out, followed by an arrow.

Brilliant, I know.

Here's the work of art:




I'll admit that I had my doubts as to whether or not Meg would guess such an obscure saying, EVEN WITH my AMAZING art skills.

What I didn't anticipate, was an IMMEDIATE guess that seemed to be COMPLETELY out of left field.

Meg took one look at the drawing above and exclaimed, 

"NO DANCING IN THE PARK!!!!"

Say what???

Yeah. I don't know what I find funnier, the fact that she guessed that from my sketch {All you dancer-types go thata way}, or that somewhere in her brain she's decided that dancing in a public park is illegal.

I love it, actually. It's so ... Megan.

In fact, I've decided that I may just have to yell it randomly 
from time to time ... 

"Mom,  what's for dinner?" 
"NO DANCING IN THE PARK!!!"

"Mom, can I have a sleepover tonight?"
"NO DANCING IN THE PARK!!!"

"Mom, are you okay?"
"NO DANCING IN THE PARK!!!"


Oh yes. Definitely yes.




No comments:

Post a Comment