Monday, December 12, 2011

Shut Up = $1.00

The girls have gotten into a bad habit of telling each other to "shut up". Actually, that's what's in their hearts, but the actual words they use are "shush up", because they've been told they can't use the words "shut up". Yeah, big difference.

Lately, they've given up on the shush and just gone straight to the shut. It got so bad one day that I told them, "The next one to say 'shut up' owes me 1 dollar."

Amanda was the first to have to pay up. (And it was a big, long and loud 'Shuuut uuup', so she definitely got her money's worth with that one.)

In church a couple weeks ago, our pastor said something like, "At least I had the sense to shut up."

Amanda immediately turned to me and said, "Mom, he owes you a dollar."



I guess some lessons stick better than others.


No comments:

Post a Comment